Monday 3 May 2021

Don't tell me I don't give you anything. This is from my film scrapbook. Back in the late 70's, I had read The Amityville Horror. Great read at the time. One of the stupidest pieces of bullshit by today's standards. Regardless, I believe my copy of the book had a "join the fan club for the upcoming film". I only received this one letter, giving details about the film, etc... AIP did go out of business shortly there after, despite the success of this film. Anyhow, I saved the letter and the envelope it came in on. Not sure how rare this is, but I have yet to have someone share there's with me. I have this great scrapbook I compiled during the early 1980's. My then girlfriend persuaded me to start one. I'm glad I did. Now I have to see if I can get my librarian wife to help me fix it up as it is coming apart. Michelle Alexander got to go through my scrapbook in person when she visited some years back. If she was here I'd have her fixing it up. I like the first Amityville Horror film, but it is stupid beyond belief. The fact that people believed that sociopath Lutz blows my mind. In my opinion, the second film, detailing the event that lead up to the first film is far better. I live about 15 minutes from Amityville today. My wife lived in Massapequa, about five minutes away from that house of horrors. Anyhow, enjoy!